Cost, Estimating, General
Business Unit Information
Transportation Infrastructure (TI) is focused on designing and building Calgary's transportation system including interchanges, bridges, LRT lines, roads, pathways and pedestrian corridors to form a comprehensive and sustainable transportation system. We have an exciting and challenging construction program to expand and upgrade our city's infrastructure and overall transportation network. Your work will play a significant role in building this great city.
The Project Controls Manager is responsible for developing, and managing TI’s Project Control System to monitor, and report on project costs, budget, schedule, risk, and project performance. . Reporting directly to the Director of Transportation, the Project Controls Manager will also work closely with Managers within TI. Primary duties include:
- Lead the creation of project control procedures and key performance indicators (KPIs) to ensure the projects meet scope, quality, cost and schedule requirements.
- Manage the activities and development of subordinate staff.
- Ensure all stakeholders are fully cognizant of processes, tool-sets, supporting rationale and their respective ongoing role, coordinate Tangible Capital Assets (TCA) reporting between finance and the Business Unit.
- Establish common Risk Management approach across all projects, preparing reports required for risk assessment and assessing impact of risk occurrence and/or mitigation.
- Prepare and update Project Controls sections of the Project Management Plan, including risk management, change management, contingency management, progress measurement and project status reporting.
- Establish the overall project structure to meet all control requirements to ensure that cost control and scheduling systems are compatible.
- Create reporting criteria, content and format for weekly and monthly project status reports.
Desired Skills and Experience
The successful applicant must possess a related degree and a minimum of four years Project Control experience. Experience in developing and presenting group presentations, training or education programs are required for this position. Applicants must have experience in supervisory role and risk management. Previous experience in change management and report writing will be considered assets.
The ability to work independently and efficiently, think strategically, demonstrate strong political acumen while working with stakeholders at all levels is essential. Well developed communication skills, strong organizational, analytical, problem solving skills are also essential for success in this position.
- Successful applicants must provide proof of qualifications.
- Only education obtained from an accredited institution will be recognized as meeting the minimum qualifications.
Compensation: $69,329 - 103,211 per annum